1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

do you have customers that only let u use push mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Side Lawn Care, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Green Side Lawn Care

Green Side Lawn Care LawnSite Member

what do you do with customers that only want a push mower on their yard

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

Charge Them and push mow it.
  3. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

Tell them to hang out near the school bus stop.....
  4. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I tell them that I am very strong and I can push my 48 as well as any 11 year old can push a 21 in. crapsman.

my reply doesn't usually work but I have fun with it anyway.

GEO :waving:
  5. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Oh sure We have 20k in z's on the trailer, but I'll be glad to use a push mower. :hammerhead:

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

Y'all have got to be kidding me! What do you do with parking lot islands on your commercial properties?? Never mind, you weedeat them right.
  7. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

No," but the other guy does!
  8. greenbronco

greenbronco LawnSite Member

i have several that prefer 21" , or have small gates. I figure the cost of operating a 21 is less and dont mind as long as its no more than an hour or 2 a day. really tho they should pay extra unless its a small lawn. As my johndeereSB21 went down last month I have demoed a Ariens21 with swivel wheels they also have a commercial model GravelySCH21 ; anyway still cant decide rather their worth it . I mowed one fairly large lawn in very short time cross hatching even very easy to turn usually but it does bounce a bit more in holes (maybe longer distance between front and back wheels?) My feet felt much better tho than usual and i did have to schedule each time all my 21s at the same time becuz it was a demo. They also seemed faster , set it on high speed where i culd and reallly got a fast walking workout . But at 600 for homeowner ariens and 825 for gravely21 seems high especially when no BBc. the gravely does have a 2yr warranty tho. these are the dealers closeout for this yr , just noticed gravely had a big price increase.
  9. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Price it accordingly.
  10. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Don't you mean "line trim".:)