1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Do you have customers you have never met?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by yz250fpilot, Feb 27, 2004.

1. yz250fpilot

yz250fpilot LawnSite Member

Sorry for the duplicate post...I somehow submitted this twice
  2. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have met or talked to all of my customers at least once. I try to make it a priority to see most of them a couple of times a year though. I think it just lets them know that I care and also helps when they are "underbid" by someone else not to let me go.
  3. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

I have a bunch I've never met, I also have some I know very well, I even have some of the real good customers phone # memorized.
  4. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

I had one guy that i mowed for 2 years and never met him before. We always did business on the phone. I just me him for the first time a few weeks ago.
  5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

had a client that i did for 3 yrs straight, never met her. full service customer, never complained, paid on time and a bit on the high side. had to drop her, too far to travel. still don't know whaT she looks like.
  6. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

I dont meet many of my customers, people are so busy now a days, most business is done over the phone.
  7. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

I have some I have been doing for years and have never met. I try now to meet all new customers.
  8. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

phone all the way. probably 65% of my contracts I never met with or still have never met. several are over 2 years.
    I do try to make it a point if they are haveing a hard time deciding or sound hesitant to go over and meet them.
  9. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

I have had, and still do have, customers that I have never met. I've had people call from out of state, looking for maintenance services on property they own here, as gifts to family members or help them out, etc. I've even had clients that live right here in town that I have never met. One of my latest client additions came via email and right off the bat she wrote that she was busy and would prefer to not meet but just to handle everything via phone, mail and email. I've since met her husband, but not her.
  10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have two customers that I have never met. They are never home