Do you have the same weed spraying disorder as me?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by humble1, Oct 7, 2010.

1. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

When I am doing an application on my z spray my foot will tap the toe swich to spray weeds. The problem is that it will hit the switch if there is something other than grass, please keep in mind I am going at a good clip. I also do this sometimes with a back sprayer my hand hits the trigger.

Anyone else have the problem, I cant stop, should we start a support group???????LOL

2. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

After a couple of mishaps by my helpers(I was forced to turn into Mr. A-Hole). We now turn all valves to boom off after each use. The only valve we leave on is the one to the hose reel. This has eliminated unexpected and unwanted tragedies and quite honestly, we don't use the foot switch. We risk our lives:laugh:, drive one handed and use the toggle on the control panel for all spraying. Accidental application has been all but eliminated.

3. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

Stop listening to your ipod while operating equipment. :)

4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i have done the same thing, and tun off the handles of the boom so i cant spray accidentally as well. we all have the same issues as you, esspecially me with a size 12 shoe

5. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

You should try a different ipod...in order to fix the problem you need to start at the bottom and work your way up to figuring where the problem originates. :)

I would start with ipod, then what type of music, then what color clothes you are wearing...I know it seems simple as your foot hitting the switch...but there is WAY more to it than that. :)

I personally use an ipod when mowing, but I don't use one when spraying...and when mowing I usually leave one earplug out so that I can hear any problems with engine, deck/blades. Try listening with one earplug out.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Humble

I am guilty of spraying non-target weeds when spot spraying. What I mean is if I am Tanked for Broad Leaves and not Sedge I will occasionally spray the sedge out of some automatic reaction. But then I dream of pretty girls while spraying just like everyone else does.

7. humble1

from MA

Maybe I should have put this another way. I hit the switch automatically if there is something that is not grass, so if there is nutsedge, or a leaf on the lawn, I hit the switch quite automatically because there is something other than grass in my field of vision.

8. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I do the same thing...find myself spraying CG and sedge...it all looks the same after seeing thousands of weeds.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

CGA

So you dream of Girls with Big Hooters Also, while spraying??

10. humble1

from MA

mmmmm hooters:clapping: