Do you have this clip art?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nelbuts, Apr 26, 2003.

1. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Ok, I like making my own stuff. So I started making my own posting signs. Does anyone have the clip art picture of the keep off. You know the one with the kids and dog or whatever in a circle with a line through it. By the way if you make your own the Avery 8387 post card is perfect. It is 5.5" x 4.5" and comes four to a sheet. A box of 50 sheets (200) cards cost about $18 and they are great to customize.

This is my first request for anything on this site and I thank you all in advance.

2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I will attach the one I did find that kind of sounds like what you want but I don't completely understand what you mean. This is from Office 2000 ClipArt. Here is a webpage that you might be able to find something on: http://dgl.microsoft.com/?CAG=1

nopersons.jpg

3. nelbuts

from SW, FL

Thanks Brushhogboy that one will work. They also have one but with an adult, kid, and dog. But this one is the same universal sign. Thanks again.

4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I can visualize what you are talking about but I couldn't come up with one like that. Maybe you can find that one on the website I linked to. You're welcome.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Keep in mind, that these have to be within standards of the Dept. of Ag. This means that that the insignia, the warning lettering, and the symbol are all required to be the specified dimensions of what are on the signs.

6. nelbuts

from SW, FL

I realize that. In FL it states that the signs must be at least 5" x4"
    So you can make them 8x10 if you wish. The keep off symbol is an international symbol. Then you must state "keep off till dry" "pesticide application" etc. I have that covered as I can use the ones I have as a pattern. The ones in FL doesn't even have to have your name printed as most companies write their name on the back.

7. Currinson

Currinson LawnSite Member
    from MA

I have printed my own custom signs in the past, they looked great until it rained, they ran all over the place. It is cheaper in the long run, to let the professionals print them, they help you look more professional. If you added up your time, the stock, the ink, forget about it.

8. nelbuts

from SW, FL

I know it is cheaper to go to Lesco and buy 500 stock for $20. I know I can order them from a number of places. I like making my own designs.

By the way here is a good one for you. Someone on this forum ordered a couple of mag. signs. I liked the way they looked so I checked out the web site. Turns out they are only about four blocks from my shop. I e-mailed them and got the art work set up but they wanted to ship them to me!! I said why can't I just pick them up on my way home? They said no so I said have a nice day. The shipping would have added another 7% to the cost of the signs.

BTW waterproof ink works great on the signs. And down here most of all the signs put out usually fall to the ground by the time I get there to cut. Eventually I am going to have get a silk screen made and make some out of the plastic coragated board. Like political signs. But for now I play around a little. As far as looking more professional, I don't spray lawns just shrubs and trees. I look more than professional. Monthly newsletter, custom uniform
    T shirts and shorts, lettered trailer, etc. These postcards are made from the exact same stock as the cards at Lesco and some other companies and they have held up pretty well in rain ( a couple of days anyway).

Honestly that is the reason I don't request too many things on these sites. I had a simple request and then here came the boo birds. If you don't have the clip art why bother to post?

9. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

nelbuts,

Like you, I like to make my own designs for stuff. Instead of buying Avery postcard stock get yourself a paper cutter and then go to wal-Mart and buy either white or colored cardstock for about $4. You can then make templates to whatever size you want. You can get a cheap paper cutter at Staples or Office Depot. After you get one you won't know how you got along without it. They're great if you do any type of digital photography. Cut your own business cards without having lumpy perforation marks on the edge. I use mine at Xmas to make all of my personal cards and postcard greetings for my customers. You'll save the cost of the paper cutter many times over.

10. nelbuts

from SW, FL

Exactly! I have a couple of paper cutters(one large, one small). I have found that the best business cards are ones that peel off! There is no jagged perf. edges. The time in cutting is worth the little bit of expense. When I submit a bid for a commercial job it is in a folder. There is a picture of the property on the front and a few photos of places I maintain. If it is a business and they have a web site I go in and take their logo and put it on the cover.

The paper cutter works great, however, I just don't seem to get a good edge on it. The post cards are $.09 a piece, not bad price and I can use them for other things. Throw a pic on the front and a message on the back and target a few commercial properties. The possibilities are endless.