Do you have trouble with your Metro 21?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by outrunjason, Jul 30, 2005.

1. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

I have the Xmark Metro 21 and it is by far the worst mower that I have ever purchased. I could almost compare it to the consumer brands. If you have this mower do you experience any of these problems?

1. Loose nuts on handle and bolts breaking off if they are to tight?
    2. Handle is flemsy and moves up and down?
    3. Front Wheels have become really loose and no longer stay in position?
    4. Zone cable broke?

This mower is just over a year old and I mean by about a month and all this is happend. I have the proline 21 and have used many of them with less problems. The wheels coming loose I have had that problem on the Toro decks but it was easy to fix and it didn't happen within less than a year. Also the proline seems to have such a better handle then the Xmark. I have contacted them and they are willing to fix the problem. I just wonder if this is a common problem or did I just seem to get a lemon?

Thanks, Jason

Jason's Lawn Service

2. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Should of bought a Toro Suzuki Proline when you had the chance. :)

3. outrunjason

from dallas

Actually I was unable to get another proline already sold out so I bought a short block and thew it on one of my old decks. Still Runnin strong.

4. scarecrow

scarecrow LawnSite Member
    from texas

I'm glad you posted this- I have had a dozen Prolines, never any problems with bolts stripping out. I purchased 2 21 Metro's, thinking they were Toro's with Exmark's name on them, just cheaper. I even noticed how the front height adjusterd had been re-designed, as I knew from my experience with Toro's that they wear in about 1.5 years. Of my 2 new Metro 21's, I have had 6 bolts strip out. 1 set of front height adjusters have already worn out, and the flimsy 'hand tightened' nuts on the handle have all been replaced. I replaced all these parts myself, with TORO parts, from a TORO dealer all at my own cost. I also made the mistake of buying the Metro 26, which was a whole other mistake. Exmark gave me a new machine due to the fact that the first was such a piece of junk, but the second machine was no better. In the shop every 5 days, minimum. I called Nebraska, complained a bit, and they gave me my money back on the machine. I will personally never buy another piece of Exmark equipment. I feel that TORO is far superior, and worth the extra money upfront. I love a good value, but it's not worth the headaches.

5. outrunjason

from dallas

I am so glad you posted!!! I called them about my problem and they said well even though you warranty was out last month take it in and they will fix it. So, they have contacted the guy that I bought it from and told him to fix it. BUT I have already done this once. About a month after I had it the zone cable broke and the handle was loose. So, I am going to have to drive 35 miles one way just to have it fixed and that is on the tollway. All for their crap. The other day I was getting on to one of my guys for makeing divits in the grass and said I am sorry but I can't lift the mower up when going to the other side. Sure enough you can't. The handle is too loose. Anyway I told Exmark I wanted a new mower and he said that they could fix the problem. So, Nebraska is where there at? HMMM.

Also I wanted to buy that metro 26. It sound like a good concept running 2 on a lawn. But, man after this I am like what is that made of.