Do you know it?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by edcolo, Apr 7, 2004.

1. edcolo

edcolo LawnSite Member

One of my employees suggested a cleaner for the mowers. He does not remember the name of the product. He used it while working for another firm. He said, it comes in a gallon, you pour into a spray bottle, spray the machinery , let it sit for 10 minutes and then power-wash. It get all the grass stain and grease out. Do is sound familiar to any of you out there?

Edcolo Landscaping
    Morris County, NJ

2. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

maybe Simple Green, i know it comes concentrated and it can be diluted

3. CTmower

CTmower LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

I know just what your talking about but i forget that name. The stuff my company uses is purple in color and you do exactly what you explained. Spray it on, let it sit, and power wash it off............Gets everything off the machine and makes it look great

4. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep, Simple Green. I would buy it in the 5 gallon though, because it isn't cheap when buying small amounts. It works great but it doesnt do all the work for you. Without it you couldnt get the green stains off the paint but with it and a little elbow grease you can get stains completely off.
    I use it full strength for cleaning mowers so it goes quickly.

Another product which is like simple green is call "Reliable"

Jimbo

5. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

6. Grass King

Grass King LawnSite Member

If it's purple. It might be Super Clean, made by Castrol.

7. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like it'd save alot of time but it's gotta be hard on the finish, wouldn't ya think?

8. WINGNUT

WINGNUT LawnSite Member

It's called purple power or pure purple....I've seen it at Auto Zone.

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

It could be Zep...it's a bluish/purple color. My Dealer uses it when the guys are pressure washing the equipment.

10. Q-Team Inc

Q-Team Inc LawnSite Member

Simple Clean. But I dont spray it near the grease points or near anything that needs grease to operate properly.