Do you know what this is?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by jvanvliet, Oct 19, 2011.

1. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

They are reclusive & will slither from humans, but if they bite, they'll hang on and chew. Eastern Coral snakes have one of the most potent venom among poisonous snakes, it'll stop you from breathing within an hour. The snake may be beneficial in general, but it's dead on my job sites.

We tend to shake the bushes and disturb the ground before sticking our hands into anything. All kinds of nasty poisonous creatures around these parts & now we've got a new pest, an Asian snail that is so toxic it can digest concrete, no kidding!

2. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

3. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

4. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

While I would love to have my ex-wife hug a Coral snake, that was TXgrassguy.

TXgrassguy is much smarter than I am, bc I am married again.

This time I upgraded :cool2:, and no longer have dreams of... well thats another story.

Maybe TXgg and I could get together and sing all my ex's live in Texas.

I just wish she would move to Oklahoma, then the IQ in both states would go up. Win Win.

5. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

I'd be more than happy to get together and sing about my ex.

Besides, if she decides to show up I'll probably need help with th wooden stake.

So, where are you at?

I'm west of Austin off of Hwy 71 - about forty minutes.

6. rlitman

rlitman LawnSite Bronze Member

That's because they have no way to inject venom. The bite, creating the puncture wound, and then chew, to get the venom into the wound.

7. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Definitely sounds like my ex-wife.