1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Do You Know Your Man-hour Rate?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by g21, Apr 19, 2010.

1. g21

g21 LawnSite Senior Member

2. aem910

aem910 LawnSite Member

Thanks, Ganz!

3. g21

You're welcome. Have you joined ALMA yet? I am gathering a group a New Jersey members to have a roundtable meeting in the Toms River area in the next couple of weeks. It will be real informative.

4. aem910

aem910 LawnSite Member

Not yet, but I did browse the site after watching the video. It seems like a great resource with a lot to offer. If that video is any indication of the type of information available to members, it seems well worth the membership fees. Truth is, I'm not in business yet. I'm still just a wannabe trying to learn as much about the business as I can before actually jumping in. Good luck with the roundtable and thanks again for sharing that video.

5. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya thx a lot Tom for the video! very good info!

6. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

good video. But the man hour rate in CT is much higher then that. I would be living in a cardboard box at those rates.. hahah

7. g21

Thanks guys. JP, don't get hung up on what the manhour rate is in your area. It's only about what YOURS IS. Where you live has no relevance...I promise you that. I'm going to give you guys another video shortly that will explain that.

T.

8. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe some videos on new business starting, like how to find your work, marketing strategies, customer relation ship, idk, basic stuff about new businesses.

9. g21

Everything we have at ALMA addresses all of those issues in a regular basis. A premium membership is really cheap and I think you will get a lot out of it. You really should try it.

10. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

sounds interesting... how much?