Do you leave any tools at job site at nite?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by mrusk, Mar 6, 2006.

1. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I was wondering if you guys left any tools at your job sites at night. Last year i often found my self leaving wheel barrels, screeds, screed rails, shovels and rake behind almost always. I work in decent areas and never had anything stolen.
    Do you guys take everything home at night?

I'm thinking of setting of my 18' enclosed trailer this year to hold all my hardscapes stuff since its only used for mowing on fridays. I would still proably tow it home every night. I'd be to afraid to leave it at the job site and have everything i own stolen in 1 night.

2. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I've left the plate compactor, Target diamond blade saw, shovels, hand tools, tractor, radio, etc. I've never had a bit of trouble, we don't experience the crime larger metro areas seem to IMO.
    Last job I was on there was a stone mason, had his Target saw also, there were two that were left there overnight for about a week straight, no problems.

3. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

I leave all mt tools on the job tell I am done unless I need them some where else..I do pick them all up every day and put them in a safe place if I can..behind the shed,,in the clients garage..in the back yard,where ever they are out of the way so somebody can't just swing by and throw them in their truck.Sometimes I will lay them all down throw a tarp over them then lay my big wheelbarrow upside down on top.

4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I've left many things. just curl the bucket over them and never had trouble

5. nocutting

nocutting LawnSite Senior Member

Wheel barrows, shovels, rakes, pitch-forks,scoops, ladders, but no power tools and usally outa sight and under wraps..........would never leave a trailer, chipper or other hard to replace item at a customers property for any length of time:headphones: :usflag:

6. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

Anything we need on the job is usually left inside of a big Jobbox which is locked and we move it with a CAT. When we are done at night the bucket is set over the tool box and rests on it. Too many Juan Valdezes that could'nt make any money selling coffee decided toi illegally enter our country and make thier fortune in the contracting business.

7. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

8. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

nope take it all with me

9. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

We leave everything we can on site.

10. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

Take it with me.

As soon as I am done paying off my current new equipment, I am planning on acquiring a humongo enclosed trailer and turning it into a billboard.

It will still all come home with me.

Tim