1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Do you like this retaining wall ??

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by mdvaden, Apr 27, 2010.

1. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

What do you think of this retaining wall?

This is not my work. It was near another customer's house. I think its pretty decent looking. The first one I've seen with mixed block colors.

2. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I'd have to see it against the whole house, but I think it looks pretty good. Definitely unique.
  3. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

Honestly, i think it looks tacky. I've built my share of tacky modular block walls and understand that there is a market for them, so I have no problem with the designer or contractor. ... but, it is rather trailer park looking to me.
  4. Crash

Crash LawnSite Member

Hurts my eyes :dizzy:
  5. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey, some people wear bowling shoes and call it a fashion statement...
  6. andyslawncare

andyslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

uh...I would have used 1 color.... It is unique, but still kind of tacky looking at the same time....
  7. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

The reason that this simple approach is unique is because most people recognize that it is tacky, so it is not done.
  8. shooterm

shooterm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Cant really tell without a full house veiw. The tacky multi colors was/is kinda trendy since these toned it down from the fluorescent stuff. I still dont like any of the macro formed blocks though.
  9. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

that looks pretty cool :cool2:
  10. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Mixed block walls have their place, but it all depends on the color pallet of the landscape that you are dealing with.

They can either turn out really neat, or really fugly.