1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Do you move TRAMPOLINES?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CURBAPPEAL NC, Jan 15, 2006.

CURBAPPEAL NC LawnSite Member

some of my customers have trampolines and have moved them but it is a pain in the rear. they fall appart when you move them and adds time to your job. just wondering what you guys do. it would look terrible to just cut around but, i may have to or charge more. but what if they get one after you give a price?
  2. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

I just do it, at one time i thought of making a trampoline mover, so that i could pull it with my mower. Many a time though that it is in a fenced yard and no place to go with it.
  3. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't move them. They should have thought about it before they bought it if they don't want to look at high grass under it. Or they can move before I get there each week. If something that big was meant to be moved it should have wheels on it. No sense in hurting a good back over a trampoline. I'll drag a picnic table if it is not too heavy though. . .
  4. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

I move them....I use the ZTR to do the work.
    I simply place a small towell on my knees and pull the ZTR up the the tramp, place my knees on the main horizontal bar of the trampoline and use the power of the mower to push the tramp in a forward direction.
    Works really well.
  5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I don't move them because of two reasons:
    1. It can be a pain and I am there to mow, not move
    2. What happens if you move it, and you somehow break it but don't know it, but the kids find out later that day when they jump on it and get injuried because of something that you broke
  6. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

First thing when you give the estimate consider weather you are going to charge for moving it.also you should have a clause in your agreement that if they buy a tramp. that there will be a extra charge for moving it!Think about this, if you move it and it falls apart or you brake something , then guess what , you will have to replace the thing. so I hope you have liability insurance.Or you can be a nice guy and move it every week for FREE!!!
  7. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

... i must say, that is the most important reason not to even touch it
  8. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

YUP, thats the big reason we stopped doing it. Better check with your ins co. Same goes with kids plastic play houses.
  9. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

When i mow the customers with trampolines, they usally come out and help me move it if their home, if not ill either move it with the walkbehind, or not move it at all.
  10. Markf

Markf LawnSite Senior Member

We have a few clients with trampolines. However, each one of them leaves the trampoline in the same spot from year to year. There is no grass to be found underneath, hence, no reason to move it.