Do YOU mow this lawn?? Seems eveyone else does!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KirbysLawn, Apr 30, 2001.

1. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Looking thru the local community phone book today and noticed something.......

[​IMG][​IMG]

Seems to me if you were placing an ad you would take the time to take a photo of a lawn you actually mow!

This has been the worse season yet! Only had a few phone calls & I've seen more Murry's than you would imagine, well maybe not!

2. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

The thing is, these people probably dont have a picture of a lawn they mow because they have never mowed one!!! More new guys....

3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I know for a FACT one of them is new. Spoke with him, drives 50 miles to mow 5 lawns, yikes!

4. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

That is crazy. It should be on the "Tonight Show". Both companies probably dont mow that property?

5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

When you place a yellow page ad they have books full of pics and graphics to use, and most wont let you use one of your own.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

So THAT'S who took that account from me!!!

7. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

Stock photos and graphics are routinely used in ads. It is a convenient way to have high quality photos. Not agreeing or disagreeing---just the facts!

8. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

There are lots of guys up here trying the business also. We have a section in the paper that lists names and numbers and there even are two guys with the same name for the business from different ends of town.
    I've seen many Murray/YardMan/Scotts tractor setups rolling around here this year and the phone calls for regular weekly mowing are scarce. I still did good on cleans and dethatchings because those boys havent figured out how to do that yet.

9. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

That isn't one of my pictures. One of the members here did find 5 of my lawn pictures on a website in S. Carolina and they said in this website that these were some of the lawns they mow. Can you believe this?

I emailed them and told them to get them off of their site or I would see them in court and they removed them the next day. ;)

10. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

We have the paper and phone book full of this... Just another aspect of being a business owner I guess. Still I don't think it's right.....