Do you Mow?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn277, May 8, 2003.

1. Lawn277

Lawn277 LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

Here is a classic: I pulled up to a customers residience the other day. Im standong by the trailer, loaded, 2 mowers, trimmer egder, ect. A guy pulls up and says" do you mow". I couldnt answer, I was about ready to fall down laughing. I wanted to tell him no I just pull all this equiptment around for show. But I composed myself and got 2 accounts. Is it me or was that a really dumb question?

thanks
    Rick

2. lawnagent

lawnagent LawnSite Senior Member

I was mowing for a body shop the other day. A customer drove up and asked them if they painted cars and trucks!:D

3. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Hopefully that was just his seemingly silly opening line to start some dialogue with you. Yes some people are clueless but you did get 2 accounts from it so I would laugh all the way to the bank.

Gravely_Man

4. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

Here is a better one -- I'm backing a Toro Dingo off the back of my trailer the other day and a lady stops and asks me how much I would charge her to do her yard with that?

It took us a few confusing sentences before I figured out she thought that the Dingo was a mower. She was disappointed when she found out that I don't mow.

So maybe it was this lady that was so confused by her question to me that she thought she better ask first.

:p

5. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Man I LOVE them Dingos!!! they're the bomb when it comes to smaller landscaping!!!!!!:blob4:

6. redbull

redbull LawnSite Member

Here's your sign

7. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Happens to me all the time. You just have to bite your tongue and answer politely.

Makes me want to scream sometimes though.

8. LANDGUARD

LANDGUARD LawnSite Member

The way some of these mowers look these days, they probably did not know if you were a lawn co.

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I run into the same problem regarding the mowing...I think that it's just a way for the customer to break the ice and find out without embarrassing themselves.

10. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Which type of guys mowing? the ones with no shirt on and a pair of jeans with so many holes in them you can see the guys jokey, or the ones in polos and Kakis? :eek: