Do you Mow?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn277, May 8, 2003.

1. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

Expert

My part time guy does the exact same thing. I tell him he needs to lay off the dope.

2. onemancrew

onemancrew LawnSite Member
    from tn. #7

Some people have a fuuny way of breaking the ice. LOL

3. Auroris

Auroris LawnSite Member

It seems that this happens to me about 2-3 in a week. Someone (usually a client) has to approach me as I'm operating the equipment WITH my earplugs in and start talking.

As soon as I see the figure coming my way I stop, shutdown or idle, and now have to take an earplug out and ask for them to please "say again".

On the last new job I actually told the guy that I do wear ear protection and cannot hear him when he "hollers".

What REALLY gets me all fired up is when I am mowing with a WB or trimming and someone taps me on the shoulder from behind! GEEEZ! :blob2:

4. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

That's nothing. I was sitting on my mower, on a lawn, MOWING, with my rig full of other mowers parked there, when a lady walked up from down the street and asked "do you mow lawns?"

I told her I was booked up already. I have a very sensitive idiot detector and figured she wouldn't work out anyway.

Reminds me of the scene from "Animal House" where Flounder walks up to the guys at the frat party playing cards and asks "you guys playing cards?"

I give them the same look they gave him.