Do you need a special Lic in FL to apply fert?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by southfla, Dec 3, 2007.

1. southfla

southfla LawnSite Member

I attempted to use the search button to see if this has come up before, but the system was not responding, so I am just going to put this up.

I have purchased an lco in south FL and a lot of customers are requesting fert included in the price, but my main question is do I need something special to apply fert down here?

Any FL LCO's out there that can help?
    Anyone have a link to the webpage etc

Thanks in advance

2. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Plain fertilizer, no. ANY weed control or bug control and I mean ANY!!! And yes! Including Round-Up!

Call you local Ag extension but unless you have a degree in hort and year working for a pest control company or 3 years with a pest company and 24 hours of horticulture.

Don't get caught if you do it without a license. Its better to sub it out or just find someone to refer to your customers.

3. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

Better yet do a search on obtaining a cpco license in florida.

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Yo

At present time the Dept of Compliance Bureau of Seed & Fertilizer is working with U of Fla on writing a state wide Fertilizer Law. However at this time the State does not license Straight Fertilizer applications. BTW This new law, IF and when enacted, will kill liquid fert spray trucks.

Many Counties, Cities and other local Government DO REGULATE fertilizer application in their own area. Check your area for local laws on Fertilizer application.

BTW Combination products like Weed & Feed or Insecticide & Fertilizer require the very hard to get Commercial Certification for Lawn & Ornamental.

5. Equipguy

Equipguy LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Ric where can I get a copy of the draft on the new fert law you spoke about? Thanks in advance for the infor.

Bob