Do you offer non green industry/ snow services?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ProMaintenance, Dec 9, 2010.

1. ProMaintenance

ProMaintenance LawnSite Member

I am curious if any companies have any non green industry or snow removal parts to their company and how they operate it. I am not talking about seasonal stuff like Christmas trees but services they provide year round like pressure washing, roof clean or fences. If you do have another side of your business do you feel like it complements the lawn lawn side of your company, do your lawn customers use your other services, is it an entirely different company?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

2. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

I offer free snow removal but in Central Texas I haven't had to break out the snowthrower once in over 11 years.
    Other than that I do offer construction related sub-contract services meaning if a client has a problem I do not want to correct myself I know those licensed individuals who will.
    Depending upon the size of the job I will usually just get the two parties in contact however on several larger issues I did act as a site manager so a percentage of what was charge went to me. Personally I do not like doing this but the clients insisted due to the time commitment - but what it really does is tie me into the responsibility that the sub will complete the work properly.

3. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

I do some hauling. I always have my customers who have a pile of brush or a shed they need cleaned out. People buy stuff they don't have a way to get it home. It is amazing what you can get in a 8ft bed of a truck.

4. ProMaintenance

ProMaintenance LawnSite Member

@txgrassguy It dosent snow enough here for us to do anything involving snow. I wish it did. We haven been asked a lot lately by our customers to do things like fences and decks I am not sure if it is the economy or the fact that they all ready trust us. I have dident think of acting as a site manager for the customer and managing the jobs for a fee.

@gasracer light hauling is a good idea, I used to offer it as a service but it never resulted in any work maybe i should go back to it.

Thank you for your responses

5. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

We get one big snow a year or every few years so you couldn't cover the cost of the equipment.I pick up a few odd jobs on my off days from my regular customers.

6. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Pressure washing and pool/spa service. Both have a high profit margin with minimal outlay. Pools require a little understanding of the chemistry though.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. bmac32

bmac32 LawnSite Member

i do power washing, snowblowing, and salting