Do you or dont you

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by barringtonbrothers, Sep 24, 2004.

1. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

Today I was doing one of my commercial accounts that always has tons of trash. Among this trash there are always discarded lottery tickets. Sometimes when I pick them up I am tempted to look and see if their previous owner parted with a winner - no such luck yet. How about you guys - do you ever see how much luck you have by looking at discarded lottery tickets? I just know that 100,000 dollar ticket is just waiting for me lol.
  2. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

No never. I know from experience I dont have that kind of luck. I never buy tickets either. I would rather have the dollar.
  3. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

I have bought tickets twice in my life - and I won either two dollars or a free ticket - which I played till I lost.
  4. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

It sounds like you have better luck than me. If I bought a ticket I would probably end up oweing money. :)
  5. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I look at them sometimes. I hardly ever buy them either. but last week I asked the lady at the store to pick a winner for me. I scratched off out in the truck and it was a $10 winner. I went back in the store and split the $10 with the clerk. Ended up I won $4 and she won $5 :)
  6. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I never had the opportunity for a lotto ticket, but one time my father was mowing a vacant piece of land that he'd purchased. He was mowing with a rear mounted 54 inch finish mower on his farm tractor and he noticed a puff of paper fly out the back of it, but there was something different about the paper. He stopped to find that he hit an unmarked legal envelope full of cash. There was approximately $500 in the envelope in $20s and $50s. Some was to badly chewed up to redeem others were fully intact and some of the pieces were big enough to piece back together. The bank let him redeem the pieced together bills as long as 2/3 of the bill could be reconstructed. He was able to pocket nearly $400. I think it was the only time my father ever got lucky with anything in his life LOL!
  7. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

My sister in law worked in a conveinance store and you would be surprised at the people that scratch off tickets and have no idea they won anything. They have a special can they put the discarded tickets in and she was looking threw them and found a $2500.00 winner and lots of times $1 ,
    $5, $10 winners. I mow a local bar and find money in the parking lot every week, most of the times just a few pennies , but this week I found $2.00, things are looking up
  8. Mico Landscaping design

Mico Landscaping design LawnSite Member

one time i got a 10 dollar winner and nothing since then.. one day i was mowing party store found brand new nextel i700 lol kept the battery cuz everything else was gone... found $50 dollar bill on the same account :) good luck some times :waving: