Do you own a 2010 Toro?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FastMan, May 10, 2010.

1. FastMan

FastMan LawnSite Senior Member

In February I ordered a 2010 Toro G3 and a 2010 Toro hydro walk behind. Toro has still not been able to deliver them to my distributor yet. I just wanted to see what's happening in other parts of the country,,, if you've been able to buy a 2010 Toro.

2. tstutz

tstutz LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

I do not like the toro brand personally. But I do know that wright is backordered on the 52 and 48 inch standers about three weeks. If I was going to order a new mower i would get it done asap and not around this time of year. I know you ordered in Feb. so I have no idea why you are still waiting. How are you mowing now?

3. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

I was at our dealer today and they had several 36" and 52" GS.

4. tstutz

tstutz LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

Sounds like you might not have great dealership support FastMan

5. FastMan

tstutz, our cutting season here in the mountains, at 8500 feet, is only about to begin. I still have my old equipment, with people waiting to buy it. I'll sell it when the new rigs come in. It's not the dealer support, it's the regional distributor who can't get product from Toro. Toro got blindsided by a 30 percent spike in demand this spring, so their story goes. I'm just curious if other areas of the country are getting priority in receiving product,,, thus this thread.

6. FastMan

I wonder if they're last year's? That you didn't mention them having the 60" Grand Stands, which only came out this season, makes me suspect they may be.

7. Mahoney3223

Mahoney3223 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

30% spike in demand??? righhhhht

8. Coastline Lawn

Coastline Lawn LawnSite Member

I was at my dealer last week. Whos is the largest dealer of Toro around here. Easily 6-8 Grandstand's sitting around there...And they sell alot of them. I see them all over now. Sounds to me like your distibutor has some credit problems...With the factory. Find another one...I cant imagine waiting 3 months for a readily available machine....

9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

See...
    The way it works, they can have my money when I get my dang mower,
    as you might imagine that doesn't work with these folks so no, I do not own a 2010 Toro.

The wait has less to do with it than the price, but nevertheless I'm sure glad I didn't order one.

Because I am NOT paying 4 thousand dollars just so that I can wait however long they feel like!

10. FastMan

Topsites, I haven't paid a nickle. Their (dealer/distributor) motivation is therefore high.

Coastline, you're the second to say you've seen Grandstands around. Thanks for that info. If they are in fact 2010's, perhaps they gave production of those priority this season? Unfortunately, not what I ordered. I'm waiting on a G3 and a walk behind hydro.

I can see working with a different dealer, if that was the problem, but how do you get a different distributor? One has rights to a large territory. I'd have quite a trip to buy from a dealer who is supplied by a different distributor, if they could even get the equipement. I've still in this thread yet to hear from someone who has a 2010 G3 or hydro walk behind on their trailer, so I suspect it wouldn't make much difference.