Do you own a Gravely mower?

Discussion in 'Gravely (Archived)' started by Gravely Commercial, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Gravely Commercial

Gravely Commercial Inactive

If you own a Gravely mower, we would like your feedback . . .

- What model(s) did you purchase?
    - What was your deciding factor in choosing Gravely?
    - Please share pictures if you have some . . .

We appreciate your input and look forward to working with you!

Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  2. BeastMowed

BeastMowed LawnSite Member

I had an 2007 260Z Gravely that I LOVED. Unfortunately it caught fire and burned last summer. It was a great mower and I bought it because my grandfather has a 50 year old gravely tiller that he bought new and it still runs. This was my mower before it burned. I was cutting a foreclosed house that hadn't been mowed in about 2 years. The gravely muscled through it!:usflag:

tall grass.jpg

3. mowerboyz

mowerboyz LawnSite Member

I got a Pro Turn 260. So far it has done everything I needed it to do. I bought it because I like the sturdy x deck.

4. Bagit

Bagit LawnSite Member

Damn, BeastMowed! Is that a cornfield!? I'd have kept my mower on the sidelines and used a match! lol! Did you find out why the mower caught fire and burned up?

Anywho, my pro-turn 152 is a about a year old. So far I'm pleased with it. I bought it because it's a sexy rock-solid unit that was reasonably priced. I prefer the low maintenance points type of machine, Gravely felt like a good fit. The wider stock castor wheels caught my eye too.

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  5. KCMO95

KCMO95 LawnSite Member

I just purchased a gravely pro turn 152 that I just wrote a review on! Feel free to go give it a look.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

i have a gravely walk behind with 20 hrs on it. it looks pretty sitting in the garage, but it is junk and won't move.

7. Gravely Commercial

Sorry to hear that your walk-behind isn't working. Have you taken it to your dealer to have them look at it? I am going to send you a PM so we can get more information to help you with this.

Thanks.

8. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

I have a Gravely Proturn 148. Great machine and has never been out of service. A WAW 34 that works quite well despite the way you adjust the height. Seems odd but cuts great. A APV that you may not want to know what I think about It but....the hose is designed right beside the exhaust and melted the first time I used it. Covered by warranty (yeah). The vac works well for leaves that are on pavement as long as you don't vac any twigs that will clog it in a heart beat. Must say I cursed the heck out of that machine last week. Anyway that's my story and I'm sticking with it. Overall....Gravely mowers are top notch. EDIT: my dad has two gravely walk behinds that have to be 25 plus years old and still going strong. Kudos to you for asking your clientele what they think of your equipment.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  9. Gravely Commercial

RussellB - Thanks for your comments on your Gravely equipment. We will pass your thoughts on to our product managers so they can look at these issues. We're glad to hear that your Dad has a couple units that are working strong after 25 years. It's great to hear these stories and want you to know we are here to help with those units that might need adjustments as well.

Thanks again for taking time to respond.

10. LandscapeSavannah

LandscapeSavannah LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

I'm in the market for a new mower. Maybe with the right incentive I will buy one....