1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Do you package and present your company far better than average?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by robert payer, Dec 30, 2003.

1. robert payer

robert payer LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking for additional ways to market our company to clients who are willing to pay more for a premium high quality service.

Who feels that the presentation of their company in marketing materials is above average? What is it that you do that is unique? Would any one share their successes? I will be happy to e-mail some concepts which have worked for us in return.

2. Green Finger

Green Finger LawnSite Senior Member

Fisrt it starts with clean trucks and uniforms. ( have lettering done, is a must)
    Be professional. Have business cards.
    Answer your cell phone professional.

and most important DO GOOD WORK. Your work is your best selling tool.

That should put you on track.
  3. Green Finger

Green Finger LawnSite Senior Member

The word is first, Sorry for the spelling
  4. PrecisionLandService

PrecisionLandService LawnSite Member

I agree with green.... Keep a professional look, clean truck, uniforms with logo and names printed..... printed lettering on trucks....... I like a clean professional look Then pick the areas that you want to work in and advertise all you can
  5. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

I have found building a rapport with a potential customer is all that matters. Speaking without a hick accent or not using ya'll or ain't as every other word goes a long way. I would estimate I bid 20% higher than anyone else on every bid. I close at least 90%. Good Luck. Appearance is only 10%. Perception is 100%
  6. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Also don't be so D A M N pushy! Let the customer decide. If you are the best they will see that. That is why they called you in the first place.

Most of my customers talk 90% of the time when I first speak with them. The only way you can learn something is by listening. You learn nothing by speaking.
  7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I think all of you missed robert's request by a mile. He is looking for info on things like brochures, flyers, TV spots, scripted selling, ink pens, calanders, telemarketing etc...

In other words a truely professional approach to marketing your services with a decidely high end twist.

robert, do a web search for PHIL NILSSON. He can help you out big time.