Do you play your tunes on long cuts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WilsonBoud, Aug 4, 2013.

1. WilsonBoud

WilsonBoud LawnSite Member

Homeowner here:

My Cheetah has reduced my cutting time from 4 plus hours, down to 1 1/2 hours (3.5 acre cut). YES, I was surprised as well.

SO... I'm seriously considering a pair of ear muffs to be placed over ear buds for the purpose of playing tunes through an I-pod.

Will that work over the decibel level of the mower at 3600RPM...???

Does anyone do this....??? I would need to purchase good quality ear buds and noise isolating ear muffs. Am I wasting my money....???

:usflag: *trucewhiteflag* :usflag:

2. WishforScagWildcat

WishforScagWildcat LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

Yeah it works just fine for me! I have my ipad in a back pack on my mower, but i have the ryobi headset where u plug ur headset into the iPad and listen that way. They cost like 40-50 bucks! Or you might op for 3Ms Worktunes!

3. HudsonBrosLawnCare

HudsonBrosLawnCare LawnSite Member

I tried listening to music while working before. I stopped because I didn't want to be deaf by 25.

4. calvinslawnservices

calvinslawnservices LawnSite Senior Member

I have a set of worktunes that I use daily. Its great keeps me from getting to bored... I hook it up to my iphone as the radio feature is quite touchy on static and picking up other stations while listening to another one. I keep it pretty quiet actually, I still hear the dull roar of the mower.

5. Vecchio Lawn Care

Vecchio Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I also have the ryobi headset. It's definitely worth it. Earbuds under your muffs are a pain in the ass. They fall out and just slows you down

6. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I use 3m noise canceling earbuds and play Pandora internet radio via my phone.

7. show-n-go

show-n-go LawnSite Member

I just use the ear buds that came with my iPhone. Works great, although I normally leave them down low, I like to hear the mower and what it's doing.

8. WishforScagWildcat

WishforScagWildcat LawnSite Member
    from Georgia

I like doing that too. Makes me feel in control, i almost flipped my ZTR once because i got to into the music near low trees!

9. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Are you saying that your ear buds - the things that you listen to music with - ARE your "hearing protection"?

10. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

I enjoy listening to limbaugh as I mow on I heart radio on my driod. But the Battery only last about 3 hours. Now my new lazer x has a charger built into the control panel so that limitation is no more.