1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Do you play your tunes on long cuts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WilsonBoud, Aug 4, 2013.

1. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

No, but they do have an mp3 input. Love my Worktunes. Wouldn't go without them.

2. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

3. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, I'll stick with my Worktunes, but they do look nice.

4. cps

cps LawnSite Member

What else is everyone using?

5. silvermaxd

silvermaxd LawnSite Member

6. pseudosun

pseudosun LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not even sure what i have. They're yellow, and i got them from home depot. "Worx" brand maybe? They're in my truck, and i'm inside at the moment. I'm looking on upgrading though. One side is out and there is a short on the volume knob. The cover is missing, and i hold the batteries in with scotch tape. The batteries last a long time; probably 3 months. I mostly listen to local talk and walton and johnson. A few times, i drove all the way back home to get them before starting a job. A few times, i balled up napkins for hearing protection. They weren't digital , so everytime i bumped my head, my station would be off.

7. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

Etymotic HF5 ear buds. They block out a lot of noise and I listen to music all day. Around $100 but worth every penny.

8. WilsonBoud

WilsonBoud LawnSite Member

Homeowner here:

Lately I have been using cheap ear bubs with good sound results, but there are no sound osculation qualities, so I use ear muffs on top of the ear buds as well.

That works very well, until I turn my head wrong, and then I get sound shock. SO I'm still looking for the perfect (yet not too expensive) set up.

Thanks for all the info....

:usflag: *trucewhiteflag* :usflag:

9. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

It's amazing how many people ask me what kind of ear buds I'm wearing.

Especially considering that they are just corded ear PLUGS.

Sign of the times I guess.

10. GoneOverdone

GoneOverdone LawnSite Member

Once i used drummer headphones. Isolated the noise enough, but I ended up getting distracted by the wire and ran a PVC pool hose over. Had to replace that one...