Do you plow snow?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Landscraper1, Jan 23, 2013.

1. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Right now we have 6" on the ground and its only been snowing since about 9am. Supposed to go till tommorow afternoon and they are predicting close to 30" at my location.... We are starting to get into the 5 inches and hour right now

2. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

We are getting ready for 24+ inches. Just starting now and will be at its peak tonight.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

You guys snows would probably shut our city down for quit awhile... We never get stuff like that...

4. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Are city is shutting down as we speak. You know its going to be bad when our 24 hour Walmart closes....

5. weaver

Snows around here i can usally just use my walkbehind snowblower, but there are some big guys around here when we do get hit that got the big stuff.. Like bobcats/plowtrucks... Is that what you use?

6. weaver

Besides having a ice storm about 3 years ago and the blizzard early January we really don't get much.. Heck i'm still working from the pallet of salt i bought 3 years ago...:laugh:

7. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I have an 8ft plow on my truck and mostly plow residential driveways and small parking lots at doctors, dentists and vets offices. The guys that do large commercial have huge front end loaders and dump trucks like you would see at a gravel pit. Our state is set up to handle these storms so the roads stay clear. No shut downs here.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

they must do things differently in evansville from fort wayne.

you don't see anyone doing snow removal in fort wayne without a snow plow on there truck. we use the plows for anything from an inch and on up. the snow blowers are just used for sidewalks.

9. Belgium

Belgium LawnSite Member

Lol everybody around here is already panicking when we get
    like 4" of snow :D respact of all of you guys to plow stuff like that
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. weaver

Same as everyone else.. i'm not gonna set up a truck and everything for the snows we get. I just use my walkbehind blower and do residential snow removal and can actually do small bank lots with it also.. But there are lots of guys here that have trucks/bobcats...