Do You Prepare for Winter?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by jeeperscrow, Jul 9, 2014.

1. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

My back up tow vehicle/vacation car, going to wedding car, going out to eat car, show off my wealth, is my wife's 01 Suburban that we bought new when times were a lot better.

Well this may state inspection resulted in rear disc brakes and new rotors $325, front hub bearing about another $400. Fuel filler neck replaced for a CEI repair, replace all the brake lines, very badly rusted, ABS wheel sensor. Another $1,375.

$2,100. Not trying to top you but point out that when I say I feel your pain I am. And the tires just passed inspection. They need to be replaced before the winter.

All I can afford to do is to replace the front tires with the rear tires and replace the rears with the tires that were on the front. :laugh:

2. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

The way this month has been going I was just thinking I should have saved for summer.

3. jeeperscrow

jeeperscrow LawnSite Senior Member

We had one big snow (big for us) this past year. And our state got made fun of all over the media because of what a mess it was! The two years before that we didn't get to see a single flake of snow. So that's off the table here.

Of course we get a bit of a longer mowing season, but winter still sucks! lol

4. jeeperscrow

Good idea! I've never done Christmas cards...think I will this year. :clapping: But what about your customers who don't celebrate Christmas?

5. jeeperscrow

We're getting a ton of rain in Georgia right now...rained all day Friday and Saturday and had to cancel work. Not getting any in Alabama?

6. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Alabama

It has rained so much this weekend here it's crazy the yards flooded hard Friday late and yesterday, rain chances all week more today, glad I got ahead last week gave me yesterday off to do some things around here.

7. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

I think the rain goes around Pell City.

8. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Alabama

You need to move upstate larry near me stays soaked all the time usually lol, fixing to test my new G6s on a couple wet bi-weekly's

9. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

All of my customers get the same Christmas cards. 75% of my customers either call me when they receive the card, send me a card or mention how much they loved the card when I see them in the spring. A little effort goes a long ways to keep and retain customers. Edit...purchase them now while you have the money.

10. jeeperscrow

Well you couldn't have a better mower to test it on!! Love my JD 920M 54" :) Just got it this year, and it's a wonderful mower with fantastic QOC.