do you pros ever get tired of answering the same newbie questions over and over?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, Jan 5, 2004.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

just wondering if you get tired of answering all of the questions newbies always ask? i've gotten so much great info from you guys. thanks so much.

Lawn wizards
  2. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

Some do, some don't... depends on the personality and patience of the member... some get sick of the same questions, some have more patience and are eager to help as much as possible.

Remember, the search tool is great but I understand how people want fresh content, etc., etc... also, its not like every new member understands how the Internet works, let alone this site and how the community works.
  3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

What Chuck said.

The search function answers sooo many questions.
  4. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

A combination of the extensive search feature with fresh real time info gives all the info anyone could need.

About answering the same questions etc. this is a forum, we are here to help and communicate with each other, if someone objects to answering a question they have the option of simply not answering, no one holds a gun to their head demanding their imput, and those that can't handle simple sensible newbie questions must of been born a pro and never needed help themselves at any time, those that get het up about questions that they have the choice not to answer make me wander why they log on to a forum anyway. Some forget what this site is for...

The search feature is great, the easy, common questions are covered well.
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Sometimes I wonder if there is anything new to talk about that hasn't been already discussed. And yes as Chuck said, the search function is an excellent resource.
  6. Ground Master

Ground Master LawnSite Senior Member

I'm sure most guys/gals ignore those threads
  7. LawnPerfect

LawnPerfect LawnSite Senior Member

I forget who it was that said that there hasnt been a new idea in years.
    Yes the search function is a wonderful tool. But you simply cant beat fresh ideas. Maybe after spending more time on lawnsite I will beat a newbie into the ground for asking a question that has already been answered, but for now I will try to answer them as I can.
    Its like having children isnt it?
  8. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

"Maybe after spending more time on lawnsite I will beat a newbie into the ground for asking a question that has already been answered."

Now, that's not nice... I hope nobody beat you into the ground (or any member)
  9. LawnPerfect

LawnPerfect LawnSite Senior Member

No Chuck I have been very lucky in that all my questions have been answered with no one slamming me down. However I do see threads where people arent so nice. But they are few and far between.
    While I have your attention I do want to say thank you for this site. My father in law asked me the other day what tool has been the most profitable for me since starting my LCO. My response was Lawnsite. I have learned more in a very short time than I would have learned in years on my own.

10. Qdriver

Qdriver LawnSite Member

I understand some of the "more seasoned" members may get impatient at the new members asking questions that have been already answered many times. I personally have learned a lot just by reading. The search function IS a great feature. However, I feel it is the personal interaction that makes this forum such a great place. If you could only read posted information and not "talk" to others, I feel this site would not be as popular as it is. My thanks to all of the members for their patience and knowledge.