Do you run any special deals

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by wardtom084, Jul 23, 2006.

1. wardtom084

wardtom084 LawnSite Member

Thinking on getting into the business this next year. Have 55 inch ztr Club and about everyone in this town knows me. My question do you run any deals such as one free mowing with every 10 or anything like that?

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Run a special deal every day. I call it-- I work you pay deal :waving:

3. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

hey...you stole my deal idea.oh....i will just have to come up with a new one.

seriously,NO DEALS.i have never had a customer offer me a good deal

4. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

This year i have gotten quite a few calls from women whos husbands are over seas. Next year i am gonna run some kind of special for people whos spouses are deployed over seas. Something like 15% off monthly grass cutting and 10% off all other work. I know it's not much but it will help. I live near Ft.Meade and cut grass for a few women whos husbands are gone to irag and such. I can't help to think to myself every time i cut there grass i wish there was something i could do for them, so this will be it.

5. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

how about a free birthday cut - one per year. They can pick whos b/day to give it too.

6. K&A Lawncare

K&A Lawncare LawnSite Member

I have heard of some guys offering a free cut after 5 paid cuts.

7. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

So far Mac is the only one with the right plan

Where is Robbinsville ?
    If it is close to Mooresville I will let you cut my grass every 5 weeks for free:laugh:

8. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

on a 30wk season that is a 16.67% loss of income. There is no reason to do this, EVER!

I have a "specials" section on my website, I don't even know whats on there any more, but its frivolous crap. Giving away a free $20 fish when I do a pond. $20 is hardly even a drop in the bucket if I sell a pond. Most people don't even look at that page, they just look at the services/information I have on there and call or email me about it without looking at the specials.

9. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the way JustMowIt words it, "if you cancel before 6 cuts we charge you $40 per cut instead of $25" something like that.

10. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

You guys will never believe this and may even call me a liar. But, the call I get the most is, are you ready? DO YOU HAVE SENIOR DISCOUNTS? Still waiting for that job offer older!!! We dont have a cancellation fee but we do explain several times with empahsis that by canceling you will be back billed for each individual cut.