1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Do you send Christmas cards to your BAD Customers?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by zz4guy, Dec 11, 2008.

1. zz4guy

zz4guy LawnSite Senior Member

I've got one customer who pays late, is cheap and needs to be badgered to pay.

Do you even bother sending them a card?
  2. Tyler7692

Tyler7692 LawnSite Bronze Member

Bah F'n Humbug.
  3. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

I will be sending to everyone. I have some customers that don't pay as fast as others, but don't have "bad" ones. The bad ones are more stress than they are worth. If I notice that a customer is really stressing me out, i give them a call to let them know that we are no longer able to service their property.
  4. zimmatic

zimmatic LawnSite Senior Member

Send them to every "bad"/pia and good customers. I have customers that didnt pay or payed late, and I know they have the $$. Plus, I want to get more $$ out of them. I learned all their excusses, heard all their stories I dont care anymore why they are slow paying or make up some issue blah blah blah. There is a price for putting up with those issues. I just make sure the price is nice and High. Then get the $$ up front. Sometimes there is a learning curve with some customers, I just want to get paid for that learning. Kill them with kindness and jack the price up, what do you have to lose? Just remember if you get screwed a 2nd time you deserved it.
  5. Dhouse

Dhouse LawnSite Member

Be the better person and send them a card, it may change them.
  6. ford550

ford550 LawnSite Member
    from PA

We send to everyone. Be the better person.
  7. Green Finger

Green Finger LawnSite Senior Member

If they see the Christmas Card hopefully it reminds them that still owe another payment and send in the CHECK$$$$$$$:dizzy:
  8. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

I send to each and every customer, even 1 time customers, every year. If they are a bad customer, then why do you even have them? But that is neither here nor there, they are a customer, so they get a card as do every contractor that use I through out the year.
  9. ford550

ford550 LawnSite Member
    from PA

Very true. I have thought the same thing.:clapping::clapping:
  10. elite lawns

elite lawns LawnSite Senior Member

we send to everyone even the ones we've lost in the past