1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Do you send out a welcome letter

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by outrunjason, Jan 27, 2003.

1. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

I was thinking about sending out like a welcome letter. I guess explaining who they have signed up with. What we do when it rains, to have them pick up the yard on the day we come out. Some general stuff. Does anyone do that.

Also, If you do could you throw it in as an attatcment.

Thanks, Jason
  2. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

We do that with all of our new customers... just like u said tell them a little backround info, what day you will be cutting, let them know yyou appreciate there business. i always throw in a magnet for them too.

This is a good way to show customers you care, and that there not just another # in your billing system. If you make your customers fell wanted you will retain a lot more customers in the long run. And you wont have a lot of problems with competition lowballing and stealing the job.

Allways adress the letter pesonally to every client dont just print up a bunch that say dear new customer. really showing you care.
  3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

After or sometimes before they have signed up for services we send out about a 10 page information brochure that gives information about our policies, company history, services, etc. It really makes the customer feel that they are not in the dark.
  4. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been thinking about putting together a sort of Resume of me and my company. To let the customer know what I have done in this industry and my background. Might make them feel like they know me a little better. I though about giving this to them at the time of the bid. one nice thing about being small is I can keep a personal one on one relationship with each costumer.
    I think I will also put in writing some of my policies and practices also. Good idea Jason
  5. keith826

keith826 LawnSite Member

Here is what I send out ( on company letterhead) to new Customers...Nothing fancy just a little Thank You.

Tuesday, January 28, 2003

Dear Mrs. Doe,

Thank you for providing LawnSite.com with the
    opportunity to be of service to you.

It is my sincere hope that you are completely satisfied
    with the service which was provided to you and will avail
    yourself of our expertise again in the future.

We are always interested in suggestions that would allow
    us to improve upon our already high standards and encourage
    you to submit your thoughts.

Again, Thank You