Do you service any BANKS?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Guardian, May 18, 2002.

1. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I have a great opportunity to secure a multi branch bank. I have heard that their insurance requirements are higher than the standard 1 million $ policy. Does anyone have any experience with these type accounts? What else do they require that would be different from the norm?

2. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

I mow a bank, and I don't think they even asked for my proof of insurance. I told them I have insurance and they were like OK.

3. Tim Baden

Tim Baden LawnSite Member

I have never heard of that before.
    The only job I know where you need extra insurance is when you snowplow
    some commercial lots.

4. anythinglawns

anythinglawns LawnSite Member

I used to mow all Union Planters branches in my county, until I was booted by a "National Contractor"
    Anyway, they never even asked about insurance.

5. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

I know of an apartment complex that requires 3 mil in insurance, why I don't know.

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I would seriously question why more than $1,000,000?

We carry 2M and rarely are asked what our limits are.

7. we carry a one million policy, but once we ahd to carry a ten million policy for a job.

8. BOTURF

BOTURF LawnSite Senior Member

I mow a bank and they require 1 million in business liabilty and 1 million on any trucks and other motor vechiles that you will have on their property under your use so if they require this much it sure as heck costs them much more to have their lawns mowed :p

9. Foz

Foz LawnSite Member

We do some bank work & they require $1,000,000 / $2,000,000 policy with $1,000,000 in auto liability & are named as additional insured along with their management company, all places are different, ask before you bid!

10. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

I do the local Union Planters Banks ,,they require 1-million Business Liability,plus 1-million on Trucks. I adjusted my bids and they pay the extra, i charge 60 dollars a pop just for mowing only, all other mulch, fert, color, weed control ect are billed ontop. Marks Mowing Service ps mowing does include trimming and blowing.