do you sharpen edger blades?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Clint, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Lawn-N-Garden Guy

Lawn-N-Garden Guy LawnSite Senior Member

I have sharpened them before like when I had to edge a sidewalk grown over by blue rug junipers , this worked well as long as I didnt get deep in the dirt.
  2. Eastview Landscaping

Eastview Landscaping LawnSite Member

No way to sharpening, buy in bulk and replace as needed....also sounds like u are trying to make too much work for yourself...
  3. goose

goose LawnSite Member

I agree with Homer , I use a lot of blades because I have a lot of edgers going each day but for a blade to last a week per edger ,no way!!!! My guys change at least once a day per edger maybe more.
  4. jason r.

jason r. LawnSite Senior Member

When I first got a stick edger I kinda wondered this too. Went and did a few props with it and low and behold it sharpened itself:p One less thing I gotta do!
  5. TotalCareSolutions

TotalCareSolutions LawnSite Senior Member

Sharpen?? 2 Blades?? a better question: How far down to the stubly nub can you grind this metal before you have to take that precious moment to undo it , red hot & "wing" it somewhere into the trailer forever. As far as the..uh.."whipper", i wouldnt recommend it slicing Bermuda sod in a manicured subdivision where you may quickly gain (or lose) multiple customers, but its the only way to go for more open areas.

Buy a few hundred, save the receipt and look up at the $2- 3000 aeration days thundering toward you.......