1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Do you shave?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by birddseedd, Aug 23, 2013.

1. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

i'm so engrained with white trash DNA that mine just grows in all white trashy.. :drinkup:

2. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

thats kinda how i am. its all scragely and curley.

3. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

I thought there was one lol didn't know it was you hahaha

4. birddseedd

hehe. i went through a lot. leggs would be red and bumpy. even had my wife make some bike short liek things i could wrap around my leggs.

only thing that helped i guess was getting a zero. still hruds on long days but is good by the next day

5. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

same here.. i have had a goatee forevor. the wife hates it when i shave it, so i keep it.

6. birddseedd

i cant really grow one. nothing in front of my chin gows. nothing in the center going to the under side grows. nothing in a circle under my chin grows. nothign grows in the corner of my mouth.

a goatee for me is 2 small poofs on each "corner" of my chin and a little above my lip

7. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

ya why not, I usually use a andis salon quality hair trimmer. I really only grow a mustache and full goatee. hair doesn't really grow on my cheeks. so i'm lucky there for now. but i'm young only 25. but keep them short for the most part. I only let it go 3-5 days sometimes i'll grow it out for a month max. but I can't go much longer without trimming it. It doesn't effect my sales at all.

8. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I shave every 2-3 weeks. This is just one of the reasons why I'm self employed.

9. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

^^^ I like it ^^^^

10. iand

iand LawnSite Senior Member

Jims mowing is the 2nd largest franchise operation in Australia (Australia post is the largest) Jim has a picture of himself with a beard on all his trailers doesn't seem to have hurt his business even though now he's made bucket loads of money he's shaved it off