1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Do you shave?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by birddseedd, Aug 23, 2013.

1. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

Two words "duck dynasty"
  2. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

Duck Dynasty, where they are located that has to be hot in the summer!
  3. DQL10

DQL10 LawnSite Senior Member

I have one and don't think it has hurt sales one bit. Granted the beard does make you sweat a bit more but oh well.
  4. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

a lco franchise? i was wondering if that was possible. was gonna start a thread and ask about it
  5. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

havnt noticed. michigan heat and humidity make ya sweat like a horse either way.
  6. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

Shavings hit or miss for me. Keep some scraggly most of the time. I had a presentation to give a HOA last year. Mrs Guerilla said "I wouldn't buy a hot dog from you looking like that". I shaved. Managed to nick myself shaving (apparently not proficient due to lack of practice). Made a point to tell HOA that I cut myself shaving to look presentable. (Got the job).

I think they appreciated the effort. Doubt the scruffy beard would be a deal breaker. We're not being intrusted with protecting their daughters honor.
  7. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

Usually I shave my face. When I do I look like I'm 18 again. During hunting season and the winter I grow it out.
  8. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

I actually like shaving once a week. I hate shaving in the 2-3 day period when its all stiff. Hurts to shave. After 4 its soft and comes right off.
  9. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    from Raleigh

Post of the Week
  10. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

First summer with a full beard. I have not really noticed any difference, no more sweating than normal and no itching. The only downside I've found to longer hair and a beard: bees, had some get caught up in my hair and beard last week!!