1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Do You Smell a Scam?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Tracer, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Senior Member

2. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

It's says you get a 1999 Dodge 3500 but a Ford is in the picture.
  3. Father&Daughter Lawn care

Father&Daughter Lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

I think it is a great sales pitch. Well thought out and well written. The thing is the bussines is only truly worth what someone is willing to give for the equipment. 37 customers makes you think twice about the income potential being inflated. The other concern is that all the equipment shown is not included in the package.
  4. DavidD

DavidD LawnSite Member
    from sc

Wonder what hes doing with the rest of the equipment in the photos? selling it and the 37 customers to someone else as well?
  5. TriCityLawnCareLLC

TriCityLawnCareLLC LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ohio

the SBA does not finance ANYONE. With current economic difficulties, they no longer hand out money. What they can do for small business is act as a co-signer on a loan through one of their SBA qualified banks. You have to apply for the loan through the bank and then apply separately to the SBA for backing. I know this because i went to 4 or 5 different SBA seminars held here in our city. So his whole thing at the end about 80% SBA financing throws a red for me.
  6. cut level

cut level LawnSite Senior Member

I swear I have seen those pics on here somewhere before!!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. thunderthud

thunderthud LawnSite Member

In a row?
  8. tyler_mott85

tyler_mott85 LawnSite Senior Member

Someone needs to call him and ask him whats up with the pics, etc. Ask for some financial sheets and sound real interested. I would but I'm....really....busy.....
  9. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Senior Member

10. bradnowell

bradnowell LawnSite Member

I think he might be selling the domain name, rather than the actual company. I don't really think he's trying to scam anyone. If you watch the video he says "I'd like to show you how valuable this site i have for sale is" and then proceeds to show the number of hits the site received over 2010 and 2011.

I could be totally wrong, though.