Do you spray your mower deck with Fluid Film?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Raven386, Apr 29, 2008.

Do you spray your mower deck with Fluid Film?

1. Always

11 vote(s)
  2. Once in a while

25 vote(s)
  3. Never

57 vote(s)
  4. Whats Fluid Film?

40 vote(s)
  1. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

Just wondering how many others have done this and how it has worked for you? I try to do it everytime I change my blades, works really well in preventing grass build up on my new Triton. Sprayed it before clean-ups and the other day when we changed our blades the deck was clean as new. I have to order more, im running out!

- Dano if you see this, did you guys get your Store website up and running yet? Or is it still under construction?
  2. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

Funny you should ask that, I have used it on other things here of lately, but have not used it on deck yet. I have been using WD-40.
  3. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you are unfamiliar with Fluid Film, would like to try it on your mower deck, and live within the Continental United States, just PM me your physical shipping address and I'll let you try a sample can for free.

With no solvent content to evaporate, it is all usable product. It has a Lanolin base, which imbeds into the pores of metal, creating a barrier of protection. Fluid Film will stop corrosion on all metals and lubricate for extended periods of time because it will not dry out. It also remains super slick, helping to keep grass from clumping under mower decks. Try a can today on us. We are confident that you have never tried a better product for your landscaping needs.

Fluid Film will also not burn greenery when used on cutting devices. Made in the U.S.A. :usflag:
  4. Mic_bug

Mic_bug LawnSite Member
    from N.B. MI

crisco for me
  5. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

We use it on all kinds of stuff, just not decks. Our scags and toros stay so clean, it would be more of a hassle to apply it than needed. I may try it on the turbo force baffle though because that tends to collect stuff and gets hard to move.
  6. LedgedaleLawn

LedgedaleLawn LawnSite Senior Member

We use it on our snow and ice equipment, it is the absolutely best thing you can get to prevent rust on a plow. We do our decks too.
  7. Raven386

from CT

I see a lot of "nevers" chosen, any explanations why? besides the ones already given...
  8. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, because its a waste of money. Fluid film is a very good product but used under a deck, at least in any sandy or dry conditions its gone in 1 yard. I had my deck rust some over the winter. I mowed 1 yard and the rust was gone. If their is enough dirt stirred up to blast off rust then fluid film doesn't stand a chance. I also notice clumping and sticking is the same, no matter what I use. I do use fluid film for just about everything else, especially the truck and snowplow.

9. Raven386

from CT

I see a lot of people checked "whats fluid film"... if you contact Dano50 he will send you a sample can. then you can contact him again to buy your case after you use it.
  10. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

I put my whole sample can on my mower deck, I've mowed 6 times with it, and I have grass build up. But I have sprayed residue on parts of my truck that were rusty, and they repell the water.