Do you sub this out

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mad_wrestler, Jun 9, 2005.

1. mad_wrestler

mad_wrestler LawnSite Senior Member

I have become full for the next couple of weeks and the calls keep coming. Do you all sub out to other LCOs or is that just a bad idea. How would you handle this?

2. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Is it just mowing???? Never turn down business. There are 7 days in the week and you may have to work an extra day.

Must be nice to be able to pick and choose and turn people away !

3. tstrong

tstrong LawnSite Member

Use this opportuity to raise prices and tighten routes.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I can't say that's true for mowing. It really depends on what all else you do, I guess. If it is mowing that you may want later in the season, as it slows down, then yes,...have someone you can trust to help you out. We network like that all the time to help each other out now and again. you just have to understand there is an ethics issue at hand. If the customer asks YOU to take over on a job that you are doing for someone else, no matter what, you have to tell them you are unable due to a conflict of interest. Friendships and networking go alot deeper than a $40 mowing account. Th3ere is always many more to come. Now, for myself, I give alot of mowing away that is out of reach (what I refer to logistically), or that I am just too busy doing other things for. I'm not going to waste time worrying about the peanuts while the elephants are stampeding away.