Do you subscribe to Pro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pjslawncare/landscap, Nov 12, 2003.

What do you think about Pro

1. Cool!

9 vote(s)
  2. Got it already

25 vote(s)
  3. Gonna get it

8 vote(s)
  4. Cant beleive your turning this on to these shmucks (Bobbyjeds option)

2 vote(s)
  1. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

How many of you get Pro Magazine? If you dont, then log on to and subscribe for free (Advertisers foot bill). As informing as this web site. I cant wait to receive my monthly magazine filled with company profiles, business tips and equipment, equipment, equipment. If you never seen it before, you just dont know what youve' been missing. Enjoy!
  2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:
  3. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

just got my first copy
  4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Turf and Pro are pretty good. Pro for the most part has some interesting and good articles. A few times they have disappointed me. For example, they did an article not long ago that was a guy not in business but about 3 months and acted like he had it all figured. He had these huges calculations of major dollars. He spent all this money getting a fancy office to look important. Spend/credit on several new trucks. Got lots of labor. All in hopes of his ship coming in. Maybe he will work it out. But more times than not, someone in that position will put themselves right out of business fast. He has so many problems ahead of him it isn't even funny. I thought it was in bad taste for Pro to put this on a pedistal. To many guys starting out and it shows an even bigger potiental for failure.

For the most part they do pretty good though.
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I remember thart article and my first impression after reading it was this isn't how 99.9999% of the guys like me get started in this business. I almost thought it was put-on too...
  6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Been getting PRO magazine for at least 10 years, probably more.

Nothing new.
  7. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Ah, I like Lawn & Landscape better. More substance...less advertizements (and photo galleries of plows on scags :rolleyes: )
  8. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I let my subscription run out. I already get so many other trade magazines, Pro didn't seem to be anything new.

Another trade magazine that I get and like alot is Grounds Maintenance.
  9. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

For me it's a toss up between Turf and Pro Lbp don't get me wron i like L&L but it seems that turf and pro deal with equipment reviews more than L&L and that latest issue i got of L&L was full of useless crapy ads that i ripped out and shreaded

And so what if Turf put our own FSM in with his snow plowing scag big deal
  10. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

if Turf and Pro stopped coming to my mailbox I would not go looking for them. Prefer L & L . The recent report they did on the state of the industry was pretty interesting. THey seem to talk more about the aspects of running a business and less about what the new golf course did about poa, or the newest warm season grass now being tested.