Do you take advantage.........

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by NCSULandscaper, Feb 9, 2004.

1. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

of nursery container buy backs? What a great way to earn some money back on empty containers. Currently i am getting $.12/3 gal container $.14/5 gal container $.35/7 gal container, and $.50 for 10&15 gal containers. If you just throw your containers away, better think twice about it.

2. I usually give mine to the local high scholl FFA so as they can use them in their greenhouse project.

3. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I usually keep the one gallons for propagations and bulb divisions.I never thought to check about a buy back program.We must have 2-3K 2-10g pots and containers behind our garage.I better check with my nursery, we might have enough money stacked behind the garage to buy some new stuff this spring..

4. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Just a heads up, most nurseries if they do offer buy backs, only give you credit to your nursery account, not cash money. But you can get it back from pricing out a job.

5. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I could still use a lot of stock in my yard. I'll check into it here in the next two weeks when I get my master sheets for 2004 from my nursery..

6. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Matt, I never knew that! I guess we learn something new everyday. The nursery I usually go to has never said anything, maybe they don't offer it, or maybe they will start for me.

7. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Taylors nursery over on New Bern Ave. does buybacks

8. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

"The nursery I usually go to has never said anything, maybe they don't offer it, or maybe they will start for me."

Mines gonna start or I'm gonna start using a diff nursery! And I just burned enough to buy a new mower but still have enough for some nice power tools LOL

Mac

9. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

OK, thanks, I've used Taylors a couple of times, they seem pretty good. I don't use them a lot because they are about 30-40 minutes from me.

10. glennd

glennd LawnSite Member

Does anyone know of a nursery that gives good wholesale rates on bedding plants? I'm in Roxboro and the lowest I've gotten so far is $9.60 per flat of 18. I'd like to do business with the hometown folks, but if I can do better than that, I will. Any suggestions.

Please don't say Wal-Mart. Those plants are just looking for someplace to die!! Thanks.