Do you take your kid to work?`

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by birddseedd, Jun 27, 2013.

1. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

waht the title says

2. Yeah I take my son.

3. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

I take my dad

4. rockycrab

rockycrab LawnSite Member
    from oregon

I took the kids on ride alongs to the dump only. Never to a jobsite.
    Insurance, workers laws and pure professionalism stand in opposition to little ones running around a clients property.

5. Monroe74

Monroe74 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes I have and always will. They learn appreciation.

6. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I've taken my dad as well, now he just says no!

7. Even took my daughter a couple of days ago too.

8. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

my lil girl is 1.5. i like having her and hte wifey with me. tho i'v been yelled at a couple times. wife is willing to pull weeds. baby tires to help.

was fun. last time i was shoveling mulch. she was standing in the truck waiting for me, i put the shovel down. she throws in 2 handfuls of mulch, i scoop it full and dump it. come back and she is waiting with 2 more handfuls. so cute.

She was asleep by the time i got home today, so clients can screw off.

9. My dad took me to work when I was 8.

I've been operating my business going on 30 years and have been in the trade for over 40.

I'm now bringing my own 8 year old boy and my 10 year old daughter.

The other day, my son and i was at a client that my father started back in 1963. Mary saw me working with Jack my son. She started bawling like crazy. (she's pushing 89). When I checked up on her, she told me how it brought back memories of me and my deceased father who she misses a lot. She also really enjoyed how my son was trying to do his best.

John

10. rbljack

rbljack LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

yep, although solo most of the time, my boy helps out during the summer and when not in school. Funny thing is, he started complaining about it, SO we went out and had him get a REAL job? Real job that makes minimum wage...so he is now starting to appreciate what he was/is getting when we are mowing and blowing!!

he's been working really hard this summer though, and I applaud him for that. Some lessons are learned the hard way. Proud dad moment, but he is starting to show some maturity at 16....STARTING too....LOL.