Do you tell them how much you mulch per yd?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by SouthernYankee, Jan 27, 2007.

1. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

I have got some customers that are complaining about my mulching prices ( which most of you would laugh at) anyways I am thinking about going to a straight up mulch per yard pricing. I am sick of people trying to haggle with me, and frankly I am not worrying anymore about losing clients, if they want Paco or Jose they can go with him for $20 yd.

I am mulching at $50 a yd. Does anyone do this?

2. detailed lawn care

detailed lawn care LawnSite Member

Thats what i charge per yard of mulch.

3. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

you will find that 50 per yard is low. Cost plus $30-$45. Depends on weeding and edging

4. skullz

skullz LawnSite Member

i charge at least 75$ a yard

5. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I raised everything to $70/yard mid-season. I always do my regulars in the spring so they will get that price this next go around. Per yard is the only way to go.

6. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

I get $60 a yrd. here

7. kieferslawn

kieferslawn LawnSite Member

$50 p/yard here depending on the area. If there are trees, shrubs, etc. everywhere and it's hard to move around, it's more like $60 p/yard. I Buy it for $18 a yard and with labor it's between $50-$60.

8. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

you guys that are charging 60.00 -75.00 does that include weed pulling and re-edging of the exsisting beds?

9. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

It includes spraying for weeds & knocking them down if they are really big. No bed edging as most of my beds already have a defined edge or are using a border of some type, whether it be plastic, stone, or concrete curbing. I don't ever pull weeds unless I have to & that is definitely extra.

10. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I charge $55 per yard, and that does not include anything but mulch and install labor. Edging, weeding etc, are more...