Do you think he will take my account.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shawns Lawns, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I start cutting the other day at a customers home that i have had for a few years now, and above the noise of my machine i hear a harley davidson coming down the road. I look up and the bike pulls into the driveway with a guy driving and the customers daughter on the back. I stop my equiptment to say hi and the driver of the bike is another local LCO. They are dating and i am wondering if i will be losing this customer. What do you think?

2. yamadooski

yamadooski LawnSite Senior Member

Yep you will. Been there before. YOu will get a phone call that goes something like this. " This joe blow and we will no longer need your services as a friend of ours is getting into the business"
    Man I hate when they say that. Just tell me straight up you cheap and found somone cheaper.

Good luck I hope you dont lose it.

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Too hard to tell. For all you know the parents might not think it is worth changing LCO's if they are already pleased with your service. Besides, if the daughter breaks up with the other lco guy, then that puts the parents and the daughter in an awkward situation when he comes to service the lawn.
    I think if your service is up to par, you'll still keep the account.
    Let us know.

4. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I am hoping that i keep it i really like these people. I have seen there daughter come home from college every year for the past 4 years and each year she had a different boyfriend. I was think the same thing if the relationship does not work out it would be awkward so they might just keep me. Also the other lco might want to keep his relationship with the family strictly pleasure.

5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

For all you know he is only fertilizing the daughter and not the lawn. I wouldn't worry about it just keep doing a good job and they will have no need to change.

6. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

How about looking at it from another angle. How's the daughter look? Sure, this won't solve your problem but I'm curious.

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

LOL yeah look, if I were an LCO dating the daughter of someone who has a lawn service, I would likely not even ask to take the account because that can be as much trouble as benefit. And it also puts that LCO in an awkward position as he is now working FOR the people and that kinda puts a damper on the macho image.
    Matter of fact, if the owners asked me, I'd be like asking them why they want to switch, and if is a matter of being cheaper, I am not so sure I want the lawn because I hate doing it cheap as much as the next guy.
    Last but not least, I've never dated the daughter of someone like this situation but I have numerous times been asked to take over someone else's service because "we're not happy with our guy we have" and more often than not, that's just more trouble brewing.

I say let the cards fall as they may, and dun worry about it.
    Peace out

8. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

Start dating the daughter yourself and the problem will be solved for good.

9. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

sounds like u should take the girl and forget the lawn :cool2:

10. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

Go Dusty! Your the man.