1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Do you think I could pick up new business this late?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Freddy_Kruger, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

I've cut 5 times now if I put through some flyers they wouldn't get delivered until the 7th cut. I need to know if its possible to pick up new customers or rather, is it worth while advertising for them this late?

I'm going to do about 10,000 8.5 x 11 black and white two sides. One side lawn care the other window cleaning.
  2. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

I am just starting aswell. I just ordered 50,000 flyers and im not worried about being to late. There will always be fall cleanups and people that want to change there lawn care companies half way through the year.

MTAYLORFFP LawnSite Member

not too late... i picked up one today because her old lco told her he didnt have time anymore... its getting that time where people switch because they arent happy with their existing lco..
  4. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

You have missed the spring rush. however, we picked up quite a few customers last year between June and July. This year is a little different here. Not as much rain, so not as much growth, not as many calls. Here is the deal. You will get some calls when it gets really hot and folks do not want to be outside working in the yard. Besides, it never hurts to get your name out there.
  5. Freddy_Kruger

I'm up to 25 customers... I never really did any advertising for lawn care just power raking and my snow customers as well a few referals... got some from window cleaning customers.
  6. kirk brown

kirk brown LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

not to late
    i got 3 this week.
    once it get`s hot alot of newbies quite, leaving their customers looking for a replacment..

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Never to late. I would bet that 80% of all the start ups are gone by the end of the year. Always new jobs.
  8. Freddy_Kruger

Good point. I'll give it a shot. I would like to get enough lawns to justify some bigger equipment.
  9. eyes&earsopen

eyes&earsopen LawnSite Member

I have to agree with the others - it's never too late for all the reasons they listed. Opportunities are all over the place and you never want to miss one. At this point though I wouldn't have big expectations, but every new customer helps. I just took the signs off my truck and picked up two new yards by word of mouth. Well I have one new and an estimate to give, but I'm thinking positive.
  10. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I picked up 10 new clients last week alone. So...no...it's not too late. Alot of them were from PO'ed people who havent seen their LCO in a month.