do you think this charging price is fair

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by utterway landscaper, Mar 17, 2005.

1. utterway landscaper

utterway landscaper LawnSite Member

when I go to bid a lawn keep in mind this figure is just for the lawn does not include travel gas and insurance but I charge three dollars per thousand square feet and then charge a dollar for every tree shrub and other obsitcles that i have to go around to cover for trimming so on a small lawn 10000 square feet thats 30 dollars not including travel, gas ins. and trimming do you think this right?

2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

if it works for you then go for it. personally i walk the property two or three times and get a good idea what my time will be on the property, ie how much trimming, the 'walk time' between trimming stuff from the front to the back of the property. etc.

Fences? they can be good or they can be a nightmare. some you can trim right up against with the deck and hardly ever need to hand trim. others you have to hand trim and they either chew up the line or you mark them to all hell.

how much driveway edgin is involved?
    corner property? 2x as much potential trimming.
    if the property has spaces that i can't get my 48" WB or 60" rider in i walk away.