Do you think this is a good deal?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Husky05, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Husky05

Husky05 LawnSite Senior Member

Today I was at my Husqvarna dealer buying a new spark plug for my back pack blower and someone how we got on the subject of the new ZTR's. The guy at the dealership told me that I was in luck because he had a 52 inch sitting since last summer and that Husqvarna gives the dealers 1 year to sell the machine or the dealership has to pay for it, kinda like a car dealership. So in other words he basically told me I could buy the ZTR for $6,800.00 instead of the $7,999.00 MSRP. It comes with 12 months same as cash, 5 year warrenty and 200 gallons of free fuel.

Also it is a 52 inch commerical Husqvarna unit with a 23 horsepower Kohler engine and the new ram deck. It look really heavy duty. What do you guys thinK?

2. Mow"N"Bud

Mow"N"Bud LawnSite Member

Husqvarna is good stuff IMO, but talk to some of the repair shops concerning Kohler Engines. I was told by 4 different dealers the Kohlers built in the past couple of years had bad problems with the heads on the engines. Such as the valves blow right thru etc. Buyer Beware. Go with a Kawasaki engine. I have found them to be bullet proof.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Kohler has taken care of the blown head gasket problems a few years ago. I have a few now and they are fine.