1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Do you think this is a good deal?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pcs, Jan 3, 2001.

1. pcs

pcs LawnSite Member

I have a guy I know who may be interested in tradeing a 2000 Walker GHS 48" 300hrs 25hp for my 1997 f-150 with about 76000 miles, 4.2L 2wd xl model. What do you guy's think?
  2. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Will his walker pull your trailer around? Check the prices on those, that really does not sound like a fair deal.
  3. pcs

pcs LawnSite Member

I guess I should have explained it a little better. I have a new truck and have been trying to sell the 97. This way I get rid of the truck and get the machine. The value of the truck is appox. $8895.00 in good condition.
  4. Mike Felices

Mike Felices Banned
    from Georgia

For what you are asking and going to get out of your truck, I would just go ahead and trade for the Walker. Since you are only asking around $5,000 for the truck, that Walker has to be worth at least $8,000.
  5. sunrise

sunrise Banned

I would do it
    if you already have another way of pulling your trailer then do it
  6. pcs

pcs LawnSite Member

I wasn't trying to get $5000.00 for the truck. Where did you get that price from?
  7. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

If it were me I would hold on to that truck .You never know you might start anouther crew one day.