Do you try to be the first to advertise?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by danslawncare, Mar 3, 2005.

1. danslawncare

danslawncare LawnSite Member

Many other LCO's have started putting flyers in mailboxes...I still feel it is too eary. We won't start mowing for another 1.5months. Should I advertise or hold off a few more weeks? I dont' want to be last, but I'm not sure about the effectiveness this early. Also do you belive that the weather has an effect on the calls you get? If its cloudy when you put out flyers are they less effective then if its sunny? I'm so confused!! :dizzy:

Thank you!

2. danslawncare

danslawncare LawnSite Member

wouldn't it be benificial to come in during the middle of advertising?

3. chriscampbell

chriscampbell LawnSite Member

I started 2 weeks ago and have already have a few (4) people signed up. I was putting out door hangers with snow on the ground. I am doing it lightly in different neighborhoods that I am targeting. Then I will be doing it every day in mid april when the grass starts to grow.

lawn siters do you get a better response when you do it a dew weeks before the season or start advertising as the grass starts to grow? or do you do advertisng the whole time?

4. TotalLawnConcepts

TotalLawnConcepts LawnSite Member

We started our advertising campaign Feb. 15 while it was still in the 30 degree mark, we have picked up 9 new customers and 4 potential landscaping leads. These are people you won't get, because the early bird always get the worm....

5. Country Club

Country Club LawnSite Member

My business partner and I started the door hanger campaign about Feb, 20th, have gotten 10 new clients already. Didn't expect call backs, just wanted to get the name around town. As long as if financially feasible, the more advertising the better, IMHO.

6. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Start advertising 2 to 3 weeks prior to the cutting season in your area.