Do you use a camera to help on large bids?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Full throttle lawn care, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Full throttle lawn care

Full throttle lawn care LawnSite Member

I'm thinking this could be a good tool on helping one bid on large propertys? This way when you get home you can down load the property and go over it again while comepairing your notes before makeing up your bid. What do you guys think?

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

You won't exactly be able to measure anything from it but, you may notice something in the pics that you may not have seen while there. I think its worth it, and then, if you get the job, you can add those pics to your portfolio if its a nice prop. Just my .02

3. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

not a bad idea...i just got a new cam for xmas so im gonna do b4 and afters with it...cant wait to use it...

4. Full throttle lawn care

Full throttle lawn care LawnSite Member

I just bought a new camera today and was thinking I could take pictures and let you guys bid the job for me.LOL I was thinking besides it being nice to view the property for bids etc ,but also my wife whould be able to see the jobs I'm doing. I really think this could save you from under biding at time. And also you will have before and after photos.:cool:

5. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

I use pics as a reference to the propert when I get to the office to do the bid. I measure everything first but it is always nice to have the pics. Besides I use them as a selling tool to other properties.

6. Jdmtnbikr

Jdmtnbikr LawnSite Member

Great idea. I just got home about 10 minutes ago from a possible/probable client I am looking to do design and gardening for. I had a notebook, and broke out the camera as well "Do you mind if I take some pictures so I can get a better lay of the land? Do some research?" Lady was very impressed. Always good to have one I think.

7. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

I also take the small recorder for notes and measurements. Its a lot easier then having files for every job

8. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Like I have said before,I take pics of all new jobs and save them and design right on them to see what stuff will look like on the actuall property..works great for bids,just be sure to save a set too keep for before 's

9. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

I take video and still pictures of some bids.And pictures are great to showcase your past work to potential customers,both on a website and on consultations.