1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Do you use a storage shed?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Greatdane522003, Jul 30, 2004.

1. Greatdane522003

Greatdane522003 LawnSite Member

I was wondering how many are you are renting out storage sheds for your equipment I just got one today it's a 10x20 and it's $115 a month
  2. tx_angler

tx_angler LawnSite Senior Member

Yup a 10x30 inside a gated fence, manager on-site 24x7 with 29 CCTV cameras - $135/month
  3. ken50

ken50 LawnSite Member
    from tx

No way..not yet. That is an expense I don't need at this point.
  4. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

We purchased two shipping containers 8'x8'x20'. they cost $1,100 a piece. we keep them at our storage yard wich we rent. we store the equiptment in them and back a truck against each door at night. Their great and worth the money. Some guys we see store their plow blades on top to prevent theft of the blades.
  5. gogetter

gogetter Banned

10x20 for $125 a month. I really would like something bigger though.
  6. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I cant imagine you poor guys that live on a little residential lot in town and have to rent storage space for your equipment. I live on 28 acres and have my own 40x72 shop for the business.:confused:
  7. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I hate to say it but I own a storage unit complex. I have two units myself, total 36 x 26. When I have an open unit, I park a trailer / other equipment. I am in NW Iowa, a 10 x 20 I rent for $45.00 a 12 x 36 for $75.00
  8. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

just another tax deduction... no point in giving Uncle Scam any extra money
  9. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Ya i got one . A 14x16 barn type,I built here at home .complete with a/c cable t.v. an fridge, phone an room for storage.3000.00 . an yes thank you Uncle Sam!!!
  10. C & T

C & T LawnSite Member

I had a 15' x 19' which cost me $225 a month which included parking my trailer. Gave that up to save money, plus it's easier to work on the equipment at home. Would like to lease or purchase a small office with at leat one overhanging door.