Do you use any online billing/payment for customers?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by tonygreek, Mar 27, 2012.

1. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

My turn to ask a question! lol

I've been working on an LCO web project and am contemplating integrating online invoicing/payment collections as part of the admin dashboard. Are any of you currently doing this, whether it be via PayPal/Freshbooks/or something else? If not, is anything holding you back, beyond the cost of accepting credit cards?

If you use something, what is it and how has the experience been for you and, more importantly, your customers.

Thanks,
    Tony

2. ptjackson

ptjackson LawnSite Member

I can't speak to what others are doing since my business helping business like yours but I'm hearing good things about stripe IF you have web developers doing your site. I think it's cheaper/better than paypal. That said I think freshbooks + paypal is the easiest to get setup.

For taking cards on the go the Square app can't be beat.

3. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

I'm currently using stripe's api for several projects and agree that it blows paypal away.

4. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I use Quickbooks and send invoices via-email.

As for collection, I still just receive payments by check or cash. Only once in 7 years have I had a request to be paid by credit card.

If they want to pay by credit card, then I'll send them a billing request through pay-pal along with the added fees of processing it that way.