1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Do You Use Tennis Shoes or Work Shoes?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by hummingbird3d, Mar 14, 2009.

1. hummingbird3d

hummingbird3d LawnSite Member

Being that I am flat footed I have a hard enough time finding tennis shoes that are comfortable, however, I feel that wearing outdoor type of work shoes would be safer for me.

What's the consensus on foot wear among those who have done this for awhile?

2. THC

THC LawnSite Silver Member

Runners only (unless spraying). I don't find boots comfortable or light and I still walk behind my mowers :(

3. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I wear workboots. There are a few threads talking about this. Do a search on "workboots" and you'll get some good opinions. For me, Danner work boots have been my favorite. Timberlands are good too. I prefer waterproof, good ankle support, lug sole...

4. ambersLawnmowing

ambersLawnmowing LawnSite Senior Member

I start in boots in the morning but by lunch i have my running shoes on. If i am trimming trees then BOOTS for sure.

5. Stihl_Pro

Stihl_Pro LawnSite Member

6. been wearing tennis shoes forever except for spraying.

7. garmel

garmel LawnSite Member
    from NE Ohio

Tennis shoes for me unless doing trees.

8. jsw2008

jsw2008 LawnSite Senior Member

Wellington-type slip on uninsulated work boots. I used to wear tennis shoes, but my feet got wet from the dew on the grass in the morning.

9. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Waterproof work boots, there is nothing worse than mowing early in the morning and having your tennis shoes and socks soaked by the morning dew.

10. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Running shoes, even when I am spraying, (I have rubber overshoes). Your feet are important in this business.
    If you have a lot of dew in the mornings, bring a second pair. Comfort is king!