1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Do You Use These?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Sean Adams, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I am curious - how many of the members here at LawnSite use different technologies like myspace.com, facebook.com, twitter.com, etc....

Do you use any of these things for personal use? More importantly, which is what I am really wondering is, do you use these things for your business?

More and more people are so let's hear it - do you?

2. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I don't use any of these for personal or business. Lawnsite is my only networking site that I go on. I feel like a big time computer guy, because I know how to use Lawnsite.:laugh:

3. gardiner

gardiner LawnSite Member

personal use yes. business no i use myspace and have some pictures of equipment and small blog on the business but not to attract customers.( family and friends only )

4. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Spend a lot of time on facebook, keeping tabs with family and friends strewn across the globe...

Never use it biz, though. The web is where I ESCAPE work...

5. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I don't use either service.

Come on now Sean, Myspace and Facebook are so two years ago. Didn't you hear, all the old people ruined it. :laugh:

6. TheCanadianLawnRanger

TheCanadianLawnRanger LawnSite Member

I dont use either...Lawnsite is where i go to relax

7. ExtExc

ExtExc LawnSite Member

bingo. /

8. Mowbizz

Mowbizz LawnSite Senior Member

THANK GOD FOR OLD PEOPLE!!:drinkup::drinkup::drinkup:

Those sites (IMHO) are chock full of trollers, pedophiles, scammers and viruses...NO THANKS!

My GF's daughter screws up any computer she uses by using these sites (fact)...what's this world coming to when you need crap like this to get through your days...(i know, I know, old attitude... my parents hated The Beatles when they appeared too...lol)

9. tiggazee

tiggazee LawnSite Member

22 years old here. My brother taught me how to build a computer when I was about 13. I use facebook all the time for personal use. Never for business. It doesn't sound like a bad idea though. I once read a top 10 checklist on things to do when starting a business. The last one said "Call everyone you know and tell them you are in business."

10. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member